Who We Are...
A program of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Charleston. As a non-profit agency, we provide low-cost immigration counseling services for those who cannot afford a private lawyer.
Who We Help...
Catholic Charities Immigration Services helps persons from every country, regardless of racial, religious, national, social, or economic background. Our office provides services for anyone in South Carolina.
- persons filing for family members
- persons applying for citizenship
- persons seeking asylum or protection under the Convention Against Torture
- persons seeking to self-petition due to domestic violence
- persons filing as religious workers
- persons filing for permanent residency
- persons seeking renewal or replacement of lost or stolen documents
- persons with special immigration issues such as family unity and family reunification
We do not represent persons convicted of drug-related crimes or domestic violence.
We Are NOT...
Where to begin if you need help.
- the USCIS. Although we are authorized to present cases before the USCIS, we are not part of their staff.
- "Notarios". A notary public in the United States is not the same as a notary public in other countries. A notary public is the United States is not an attorney and cannot give legal advice. A notary can only notarize or authenticate your signature on a document. It is against the law for any person to provide immigration services for a fee, unless they are attorneys or a BIA-accredited representative working at a recognized nonprofit agency.
- in the immigration business to make a profit. The fees we charge are minimal and only help to cover part of our costs.
New clients should call in advance for an appointment. Catholic Charities Immigration Services helps individuals and families. We charge a nominal fee. Fees are based on a sliding scale.
Catholic Charities Immigration Services is an affiliate of CLINIC, the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, a consortium of 150+ legal programs across the United States and a member of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
Emily Guerrero, Attorney
Catholic Charities Office of Immigration Services of Charleston
1145 Six Mile Road
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466
E-mail: eguerrerocatholic-doc [dot] org
Vanessa Garcia, Attorney
Catholic Charities Office of Immigration Services of Greenville
204-A Douthit Street
Greenville, SC 29601
Phone: 864.242.2233 Ext. 2619
E-mail: vgarciacatholic-doc [dot] org
Mily Choy, Immigration Specialist
Catholic Charities Office of Immigration Services of Hilton Head Island
P.O. Box 5118
Hilton Head Island, SC 29938
E-mail: mchoycatholic-doc [dot] org