Who We Serve
Coastal Catholic Charities proudly serves residents of Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester Counties, regardless of faith or philosophy.
What Our Clients Have to Say:
- "May this note express in some small way how much your kindness is appreciated."
- "Thanks for your kindness in assisting me—especially with the glasses. God always allows me to meet good people like you. Continue to do God's work. You shall surely be blessed."
- "How can I begin to say 'Thank You?' You were so kind to my husband and me at our time of need."
- "Son muy buena gente y muy amable. Gracias por todo que hacen." ("You are such good and kind people. Thank you for all that you do.")
(¡Se habla español!)
- "Save a Smile" Dental Program with preventive and educational components —subsidized dental replacements and dental cleanings for children (5 years and older) and adults
- Vision Program—subsidized vision screenings and glasses
- Wellness Clinic—free monthly primary care services for the uninsured—referrals to subspecialists when necessary
- Prescription Assistance—assistance with prescription medications (excluding controlled substances)
- Supplemental Food Pantry—for those 60 years of age and above
By appointment only—please call (843) 308-9361 to speak with the Client Advocate.
Gifts of Hope
Coastal Catholic Charities relies on the generosity of donors in order to comprehensively serve our clients. We are a 503 (c) non-profit organization and all donations are tax-deductible.
Unlike charities with large overhead expenses, your contribution made specifically to Coastal Catholic Charities will have a direct impact on our clients' lives—for example:
$15 will provide a client with a previously unaffordable dental cleaning
$25 will provide a monthly bag of food for a struggling family
$65 will provide a vision exam and/or glasses for clients who have long gone without
$75 will provide a client with access to advanced dental care, such as tooth extractions
$300 will provide a partial set of dentures to client who could not afford them otherwise
$375 will provide a full set of dentures to a client who is ready to restore his/her smile and confidence!
- Provide friendly and dignified service to those seeking our help.
- Serve as a receptionist, office assistant, computer aide, or food pantry worker.
- Many programs need volunteers. If you would like to help, please call us.
provides low-cost immigration counseling for those who cannot afford a private lawyer. In this office, we do not accept court immigration cases.
Emily Guerrero, Attorney
Catholic Charities Office of Immigration Services
1145 Six Mile Road
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466
E-mail: eguerrerocatholic-doc [dot] org